By Anica Debelica, Monte L. Thies
Read Online or Download Atlas and Key to the Hair of Terrestrial Texas Mammals issue 55 PDF
Similar mammals books
The human mind is the internal universe by which all exterior occasions are perceived. That truth on my own should still make sure that neuroscience will ultimately obtain most sensible precedence within the record of human endeavors. The mind represents the head of class within the realm of residing platforms. but it really is a less than perfect organ, whose disasters in disorder procedures result in the career of greater than half all health center beds and whose variable functionality within the fit nation contributes in undetermined measure to the world's social difficulties.
The rumen is an item of analysis for lots of different types of organic scientist, from anatomists to microbiologists, and extra lately even mathematicians. The advancements and use of varied experimental innovations have enabled a lot development to be made in rumen reports. a number of chapters of this publication pay attention to those recommendations and ideas that stem from their program.
The monotremes are an strange and evolutionarily very important staff of mammals exhibiting remarkable behavioral and physiological variations to their niches. they're the single mammals displaying electroreception (in the trigeminal sensory pathways) and the echidna indicates particular olfactory specializations.
The interactions among apex predators and their prey are essentially the most extraordinary and significant in nature—displays of power, patience, and a deep coevolutionary heritage. and there's possibly no apex predator extra extraordinary and critical in its hunting—or extra notorious, extra misjudged—than the wolf.
- Vampiro: Vampire Bat In Fact & Fantasy
- The Jaguar's Shadow: Searching for a Mythic Cat
- Cooperative Breeding in Mammals
- The Bonobos: Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects)
- The Gray Whale: Eschrichtius Robustus
Additional resources for Atlas and Key to the Hair of Terrestrial Texas Mammals issue 55
133) 6. Medulla fragmental (Fig. 7 Medulla compound (Fig. 14 7. Medulla fragmental type a (Fig. Castor canadensis (Fig. 121) Medulla fragmental but not type a (Fig. 8 8. Medulla fragmental type b (Fig. 9 Medulla fragmental type c (Fig. 11 9. Liomys irroratus (Fig. 10 10. Ammospermophilus interpres (Fig. Erethizon dorsatum (Fig. 153) 11. Scales flattened (Fig. Spermophilus variegatus (Fig. 12 12. Scales acuminate (Fig. 13 Scales elongate (Fig. Sigmodon ochrognathus (Fig. 142) 60 Special Publications, Museum of Texas Tech University 13.
Cervus elaphus – Elk (SHM 975) Medulla continuous, nodose type b, unordered and undisturbed, not rounded, and occupies 1/2 of shaft. Cuticula imbricate, crenate, scales not smooth, rows uneven. Midshaft dia. 175μm. Figure 81. Medulla (left) and cuticula (right) of Cervus elaphus. 54 Special Publications, Museum of Texas Tech University Odocoileus hemionus - Mule Deer (SHM 362) Medulla continuous, nodose type b, unordered and undisturbed, rounded, and occupies 1/2 of shaft. Cuticula imbricate, crenate, smooth scales, mosaic, “elephant skin” pattern.
Herpailurus yaguarondi - Jaguarundi (ASNHC 3891) Medulla continuous, nodose type a, vacuolated, occupies entire shaft. Cuticula imbricate, flattened, smooth and small scales. Midshaft dia. 134μm. Figure 72. Medulla (left) and cuticula (right) of Herpailurus yaguarondi. Debelica and Thies—Atlas and Key of Terrestrial Texas Mammal Hair 47 Lynx rufus - Bobcat (SHM 246) Medulla continuous, nodose type a, vacuolated, occupies entire shaft. Cuticula imbricate, flattened, with wavy scales and rows. Midshaft dia.