By Per Jensen
Written by way of specialists in several parts, this ebook offers an updated account of the behavioral biology of canine.
Split in 3 components, the booklet addresses the categorical elements of behavioral biology. the 1st half offers with the evolution and improvement of the puppy, while the subsequent half bargains with simple features of puppy habit. the ultimate half emphasizes at the behavioral difficulties, their prevention and therapy.
Read Online or Download The Behavioural Biology of Dogs PDF
Best mammals books
The human mind is the interior universe in which all exterior occasions are perceived. That truth by myself should still make sure that neuroscience will ultimately obtain best precedence within the record of human endeavors. The mind represents the top of class within the realm of residing platforms. but it really is a less than perfect organ, whose mess ups in disorder techniques bring about the profession of greater than half all health center beds and whose variable functionality within the fit kingdom contributes in undetermined measure to the world's social difficulties.
The rumen is an item of research for plenty of different types of organic scientist, from anatomists to microbiologists, and extra lately even mathematicians. The advancements and use of varied experimental recommendations have enabled a lot growth to be made in rumen reviews. numerous chapters of this publication pay attention to those recommendations and ideas that stem from their software.
The monotremes are an strange and evolutionarily vital team of mammals exhibiting amazing behavioral and physiological variations to their niches. they're the single mammals showing electroreception (in the trigeminal sensory pathways) and the echidna indicates unique olfactory specializations.
The interactions among apex predators and their prey are one of the most remarkable and significant in nature—displays of power, persistence, and a deep coevolutionary heritage. and there's might be no apex predator extra notable and demanding in its hunting—or extra notorious, extra misjudged—than the wolf.
- Giant Pandas: Biology and Conservation
- Infanticide by Males and its Implications
- Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board)
- Ocean Noise and Marine Mammals
- Fertilization Mechanisms in Man and Mammals
- Do Bats Drink Blood?: Fascinating Answers to Questions about Bats (Animals Q & A)
Extra resources for The Behavioural Biology of Dogs
133) 6. Medulla fragmental (Fig. 7 Medulla compound (Fig. 14 7. Medulla fragmental type a (Fig. Castor canadensis (Fig. 121) Medulla fragmental but not type a (Fig. 8 8. Medulla fragmental type b (Fig. 9 Medulla fragmental type c (Fig. 11 9. Liomys irroratus (Fig. 10 10. Ammospermophilus interpres (Fig. Erethizon dorsatum (Fig. 153) 11. Scales flattened (Fig. Spermophilus variegatus (Fig. 12 12. Scales acuminate (Fig. 13 Scales elongate (Fig. Sigmodon ochrognathus (Fig. 142) 60 Special Publications, Museum of Texas Tech University 13.
Cervus elaphus – Elk (SHM 975) Medulla continuous, nodose type b, unordered and undisturbed, not rounded, and occupies 1/2 of shaft. Cuticula imbricate, crenate, scales not smooth, rows uneven. Midshaft dia. 175μm. Figure 81. Medulla (left) and cuticula (right) of Cervus elaphus. 54 Special Publications, Museum of Texas Tech University Odocoileus hemionus - Mule Deer (SHM 362) Medulla continuous, nodose type b, unordered and undisturbed, rounded, and occupies 1/2 of shaft. Cuticula imbricate, crenate, smooth scales, mosaic, “elephant skin” pattern.
Herpailurus yaguarondi - Jaguarundi (ASNHC 3891) Medulla continuous, nodose type a, vacuolated, occupies entire shaft. Cuticula imbricate, flattened, smooth and small scales. Midshaft dia. 134μm. Figure 72. Medulla (left) and cuticula (right) of Herpailurus yaguarondi. Debelica and Thies—Atlas and Key of Terrestrial Texas Mammal Hair 47 Lynx rufus - Bobcat (SHM 246) Medulla continuous, nodose type a, vacuolated, occupies entire shaft. Cuticula imbricate, flattened, with wavy scales and rows. Midshaft dia.