By University of California,Department of Classics,
Read or Download Classical Antiquity Vol 17 N2 October 1998 PDF
Similar nonfiction_3 books
John Dover Wilson's New Shakespeare, released among 1921 and 1966, grew to become the vintage Cambridge version of Shakespeare's performs and poems until eventually the Nineteen Eighties. The sequence, lengthy on account that out-of-print, is now reissued. every one paintings is obtainable either separately and as a suite, and every features a long and full of life advent, major textual content, and large notes and thesaurus published on the again.
Severely acclaimed for greater than 25 years, the equipment in mobilephone Biology sequence offers an integral device for the researcher. every one quantity is punctiliously edited through specialists to comprise state of the art studies and step by step protocols. concepts are defined thoroughly in order that tools are made available to clients.
- The Complete Photoshop Creative Handbook
- Hunters & Healers: Folklore Types & Topics (Publications of the Texas Folklore Socie Series, 35)
- Cuneiform Series, Volume I: Sumerian Lexical Texts from the Temple School of Nippur
- From Everglade to Canyon With the Second United States Cavalry: An Authentic Account of Service in Florida, Mexico, Virginia, and the Indian Country, 1836?1875 by Theophilus F. Rodenbough (2000-04-15)
Extra info for Classical Antiquity Vol 17 N2 October 1998
JRA 7: 80–99. Griffin, M. T. 1997. ” JRS 87: 249–63. Hennig, D. 1975. L. Aelius Seianus. Untersuchungen zur Regierung des Tiberius. Vestigia 21. Munich. Hermann, P. 1960. ” MDAI (A) 75: 68–183. Hinard, F. 1985. Les Proscriptions de la Rome re´publicaine. Rome. -J. 1987. Die Entstehung der Nobilita¨t. Studien zur sozialen und politischen Geschichte der Ro¨mischen Republik im 4. Jhdt. v. Chr. Stuttgart. 184 Volume 17 / No. 2 / October 1998 Hofmann-Lo¨bl, I. 1996. Die Calpurnii.
131. Tac. Ann. 70 and 75ff. with Syme 1986: 373–74. 132. Ann. 1 with lines 56–61. 133. So Shotter 1974: 232; Syme 1986: 374; and SCPP 290. Koestermann 1958: 374 argues that Tiberius never recovered from sacrificing Piso to save himself. 134. For the families of conspirators against later Julio-Claudians, see Rogers 1979: 206–208. : Rethinking Damnatio Memoriae 177 IV. 135 That is why the mourning of women comes first and the apportioning of property, as if in intestacy, comes at the end.
See Hennig 1975: 36–40. 157. See Cantarella 1991: 129–35, 138–39, and 146. 6 and Val. Max. 7. 158. Tac. Ann. 2: at Romae principio anni, quasi recens cognitis Liviae flagitiis ac non pridem etiam punitis, atroces sententiae dicebantur, in effigies quoque ac memoriam eius, et bona Seiani ablata aerario ut in fiscum cogerentur, tamquam referret (“But in Rome at the beginning of the year harsh judgements were handed down even against the portraits and against the memory of Livia, as if her scandalous transgressions had recently been discovered and not already punished before, and the property of Sejanus confiscated for the public treasury was forced into the imperial exchequer, as if there were a difference”).